We are currently looking for a sales associate to work Fridays (noon-8) and Saturdays (11-7), as well as pick up an occasional extra shift, in our store in the Phinney neighborhood ($18-20 hour DOE). See job description below. Additionally we are always happy to receive applications from talented people. Sales associates, bench jewelers, marketing, and administrative positions are the roles we are typically hiring for.
Hiring: Retail Sales Associate (Part-time)
Seeking a warm, friendly sales associate to help our diverse clientele feel welcomed, seen, and cared for by delivering extraordinary customer service and educational advice about fine jewelry and other handmade goods.
What you will do:
• Create an experience that makes the customer feel welcome and comfortable
• Guide customers through multiple decisions relating to the various elements of a wedding and engagement rings
• Provide accurate and detailed knowledge
• Create an extraordinary and personalized experience
• Assist customers through the entire buying process
• Store opening, closing, and upkeep responsibilities
• Packing and shipping online orders
Who you are:
• Warm and friendly with a desire to connect with and help customers
• Ability to learn and convey details about materials, styles, and designers
• Comfortable working with LGBTQ+ couples who are planning their wedding and use LGBTQ+ inclusive language
• Excellent verbal and written communication with a great memory and attention to details
• Professional appearance and attitude
• Effective problem-solving techniques and troubleshooting inclinations
• Proficiency with iPad point of sale systems
• Ability to adhere to security policies and procedures concerning high-value merchandise
• Able to work collaboratively (not competitively)
• An interest in ethical and sustainable products and companies
• Able to work weekends and minor holidays
• Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
• Ability to stand for hours
• Able to work in-person at our Phinney location
• Has or will soon get a Covid vaccine
We are a dynamic and hard-working company, but with an easygoing, creative, and collaborative atmosphere. All employees accrue sick and vacation paid time off. Since we are a small team and safety of the community is important to us, a COVID-19 vaccine is a requirement for all in-person on-site positions (not required for remote work).
We strongly believe in inclusivity – all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If interested, please email introduction with your availability and resume attached as a .pdf. Note that only applicants under consideration will be contacted